Join the Burke Family!
Are you looking for an exciting career in the print and communications industry? If so, we may have the perfect position for you! We believe that in order to take care of our customers, we need to take care of our employees. From having a great health benefits package, company wide events and a supportive and engaging workplace culture, we support our employees through their career growth and development.
✓ Health Benefits
✓ Growth Opportunities
✓ Flexible Working Hours
✓ Company Wide Events
Management Development Program (Full-Time)
Burke is looking for determined and highly motivated individuals to join their Management Development Program (MDP). This program has been designed to train University/College graduates in Account Management within the graphic arts industry. Our goal is to develop strong leaders that are highly successful in both business development as well as growing and servicing an existing territory. This program is structured to be completed within 12 to 18 months. During the program, the successful candidate would take on increasing levels of responsibility and, upon completion, would be promoted to an Account Manager or a similar role within Burke.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The successful MDP would spend time learning and working in various areas of our business that may include Production, Customer Service, Planning, Inside Sales and Account Management. They would work with a mentor and coach, who would coordinate their development in the following areas:
- Product & Industry Knowledge
- Generating Estimates using Burke’s customized MIS System
- Communication and Sales Presentation Skills
- Business Development & Cold Calling
- Service Recovery & Building Customer Loyalty
- Time Management
- Overcoming Customer Objections
- Developing Effective Value Propositions
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Top University/College Graduate with a focus in management and/or marketing is preferred
- Proven experience in a sales and/or customer service role is preferred
- Good customer service skills including active listening and empathizing with customer needs
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong team player
- Proficient in English
- Persistent, hard worker, self-motivated and results-oriented
- High speed internet, cell phone and private home office
Salary & Benefits:
- Excellent renumeration package ($55,000 per annum) including comprehensive benefits
- Monday to Friday 8AM-5PM
- Combination of work at home & on-site at Burke’s head office in Edmonton
- Opportunity for an unlimited six figure earning potential (base, commission and bonus)
- Opportunity for promotion with a high growth company
Burke Group is one of the largest and most technologically advanced one-stop shops for graphics and print in Canada. Burke provides a full range of services that includes offset printing, digital printing, finishing, graphic design, signage, online ordering, mail, digital media as well as warehousing & distribution. Customers range from small local businesses to large corporations, financial institutions and universities. Burke has been in business for over 100-year and has grown to over 100 employees with full-service production facilities and offices in Edmonton and Calgary. At Burke, we work together as a team and pride ourselves in being the employer of choice in our industry with very low turn-over and extremely high employee and customer satisfaction.
How To Apply:
Please send resumes to: Carrie Pohl, MDP Program Manager / Sales Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
We know you care about the planet. We do, too. At Burke, we’re raising the bar for eco-friendly operations by implementing green initiatives in all areas of our business, without sacrificing the high quality of our products and services. You can feel proud to work with us and know that you’re making a positive impact. Learn more about our environmental business practices.